5 BASIC FIREARMS SAFETY RULESsales@midwestoptics.net
Safe and secure storage of your firearm is one of your most important responsibilities. It is a full-time responsibility. You must always secure your firearm and ammunition separately so that they are not accessible to children or other unauthorized persons.
Whenever your firearm is not in use, keep it unloaded and locked. Your safety and the safety of others requires that you always secure and store your firearm in a manner that will prevent unauthorized access. Never leave a firearm unattended unless it is unloaded, locked and secured.
Please review the Safe Storage & Transportation section at the bottom of this page for more information about safe storage practices.
1. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
2. TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED.
3. KEEP YOUR TRIGGER FINGER OUTSIDE THE GUARD AND OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.
4. BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET, YOUR LINE OF FIRE, AND WHAT LIES BEYOND YOUR TARGET.
5. ALWAYS WEAR APPROPRIATE EYE AND EAR PROTECTION WHEN SHOOTING AND MAINTAINING YOUR FIREARM.